The recipe is flexible – use whatever mushrooms and vegetables you have. The recipe has options for using Miso & Easy product or regular Miso Paste.
4 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
handful of leafy vegetable, chopped
1 egg, whisked
2 tablespoons chopped green onion
If using Miso & Easy:
- 4 cup s water
- 4 tablespoons Miso & Easy
If using Miso Paste:
- 4 cups dashi or vegetable broth
- 4 tablespoons miso paste
1. In a sauce pot, bring the broth to a boil. Add in the tofu, mushrooms and the vegetables. While stirring the broth, slowly pour in the whisked egg. Cook for 2 minutes. Remove the pot from the heat.
2. If using Miso & Easy: Stir in the Miso & Easy. Top with green onions and serve immediately.
3. If using Miso Paste: Ladle about ½ cup of the hot broth into a bowl with the miso paste. Use a fork or whisk to stir and liquify and soften the miso paste. Pour all of the miso paste into the pot and stir gently. Top with green onions and serve immediately.